Celebrating

I love birthday food.  It's an excuse to throw out calorie counts and just enjoy.  This past weekend we celebrated my dad.  My sister made a delicious prime rib and roasted red potatoes.


I contributed this Bacon Apple Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad.  It is loaded with yummy flavors.  So good, in fact, that I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day.  Yep, salad for breakfast people.  It's a thing.  Don't change anything in the recipe.  Just make it as it.  Perfect.


And then there was cake.  Bunny's Coconut Cake to be exact.  I was awesome.  Am I allowed to say that about my own baking?  I hope so.  We all really enjoyed this, and could have totally have eaten it for breakfast too.

Two winners for celebrating.  Highly recommend.

Comments

Unknown said…
The salad looks delicious! Whenever I add bacon to something it always becomes more bacon than anything else though. I bet there are a ton of yummy things you could add as additional toppings on that coconut cake too! Fruits, nuts, chocolates...
Heidi said…
I've made a similar cake and added pineapple, perfect pina colada flavor!