Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger

We love cheeseburgers so recipes that play on the cheeseburger flavors, often catch my eye.


These Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Meatball Sandwiches were no exception.

I started with a shortcut on these--I used frozen meatballs to start.  No one wants to mess with the extra steps if they don't have to, I certainly don't want to.  I did follow the instructions for the sauce, save the addition of dill pickles.  We're not really pickle fans, so I decided to forgo authenticity in this case.

I did decide to add bacon bits to the sandwich for the bacon cheeseburger flavor.  I just toasted the buns, added the bacon bits, then melted the cheese over them before adding the meatballs.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

These were a hit all around.  My little loves meatballs in most anything, and the hubby loves burgers the most.  Win-win once again.


And then there was dessert.  Freshly basked, gooey, Peanut Butter Blondies.  Perfect for what ails you on a cold, windy, January Friday.

These are super fast to throw together and a nice balance of peanut butter and chocolate flavors, much favoring the peanut butter.  I added some milk chocolate chips to the top for visual interest and a tad more chocolate flavor.  They probably aren't needed, but they didn't hurt either.

Comments

Unknown said…
Omg, this looks so good. I'm going to have to try this- I haven't done anything with meatballs in ages. My roommate is a super picky eater, but this looks right up her alley.
Heidi said…
Bury anything in cheese and bacon, and I think pretty much everybody gets on board. ;)
Nom. Nom. Nom. This looks fantastic and possibly easy enough for a beginner like me to make. My favorite meal that I can always rely on to be delicious is a good old cheeseburger. I cannot wait to try this!
Heidi said…
Let me know how it turns out!