A New Way to Risotto

Risotto is everything that is right in this world--warm, creamy, cheesy, and delish.  I still am about reluctant to try making it in the traditional manner however.  Not so much because I think it won't work, but rarely do I have 20 minutes to sit and babysit a burner, especially not with a puppy in the house!


Which means, when I saw this Cheddar Bacon Risotto, I also started looking for some help in how to alter it.  I thought about trying the oven risotto method because I've had such good luck with that in the past.  Then I remembered I had a pin for Slow Cooker Risotto.  I decided to combine the two ideas--cheddar bacon risotto in the slow cooker.  Perfect!

It actually is super easy--I started with oil and rice at the bottom, then added all the liquids, seasonings, sour cream, and cheese. Two and half hours later--voila!  Done.  Tasty and easy, just the way we like it.  Add a green salad and we enjoyed a great meal!

Comments