Get Back on the Horse

Given the previous night's dismal failure, I was a bit unsure of myself going into my next dinner.  Oh sure, I've had far more successes than failures, but since I failed so spectacularly, I was just hoping it wasn't the start of a string of bad luck.

Another concern I had was the fact that this is a "copycat".  In my experience copycat recipes fall into two camps--fabulous recreations and terrible pretenders.  I was seriously hoping this Panda Express Copycat Chow Mein would be in the first category.


It was!  Great flavor without being too heavy on the soy sauce.  Easy and quick to prepare without sacrificing fresh veggies and real ingredients.  Yum.

My local Kroger did not carry the refrigerated yakisoba noodles so I swapped out this shelf stable variety (minus the seasoning and veggie packets).  They worked beautifully.  On the advice blog commenters, I broke the noodles up a bit before boiling them.  I also choose to add cooked chicken (about a cup worth) to the skillet as I was sauteing the onion and celery.  It was a great addition.

And so it seems I've redeemed myself once more.  My little was happy with the idea of takeout that wasn't, and we all enjoyed the meal.

Comments