Survival Mode

Third grade has been a trip, ya'll.  They've turned up the heat, and the result is an all-family effort to buckle down and focus on basic priorities.  Dinner has been simpler at our house, and blogging has been virtually nonexistent.  Now that fall break is here and a big birthday occasion has passed, I'm hopefully that we can slowly add some of the "extras" back to our schedule.

Here's a few of the things we've been enjoying while I've been MIA.


Crab and Corn Chowder - We enjoyed this soup for a Saturday lunch.  It was good.  I felt like the seafood seasoning was a bit too much.  It's another one of those seasonings I need to learn to lighten up on.


Birthday cake - we celebrated nine years at our house with red velvet cake topped with the traditional cooked milk frosting and American Girl style.


Apple Pie Bites - I made these for a meeting at church.  My selection criteria were quick, easy, not pumpkin.  These little bites were super tasty, even with the canned pie filling, and a big hit.  A note on the recipe, they are not made in a mini-muffin tin, but rather a regular sized one.  Also, yours will probably not be quite that toasty looking.  I stepped outside out of hearing range for the timer.  Ooops.


Cracked Out Chicken Bubble Up - We love these flavors together, and weren't disappointed by this version.  I didn't let it bake quite long enough, so a few of the biscuit pieces were doughy, but otherwise very good.


Taco Ranch Pizza - We love this Taco Meatloaf, but it makes a lot!  I decided to use some of our leftovers to make this pizza--a bought crust, topped with ranch dressing, plus crumbled meat loaf, cheese, and tortilla chips.  It was a great use of leftovers!



Comments