Monday Scramble

Mondays are supposed to be my get ready for the rest of the week day.  Lately they've been a more of hold on and hope we make it days.

Lucky for me, our main course tonight was super fast and easy.  I say lucky because I was elbow deep in cookie making.  I did, however, manage to make the cookies and pasta dish with exactly 43 minutes between our arrival from piano and dinner time!


First, dinner.  This Sausage Alfredo caught my eye in a magazine recently.  We love Alfredo dishes and smoked sausage, so why not the combo?  There was plenty to love. My substitutions were pretty minimal (at least for me, and really just kept this recipe more in line with our family's tastes.)  First, I used turkey smoked sausage.  The flavor is every bit as good as the regular, but fewer calories.  I went easy on the Cajun seasoning--I'm finally learning to always cut back on the amount whenever anything with heat is called for.  I added fresh green beans instead peas--I've come to terms with the fact that peas in things still taste like peas.  Finally, if the pasta looks a little funny, it's because it's birthday cake shaped pasta purchased from a fundraiser.  Unconventional to be sure, no less tasty.


Somewhere along the line today, I saw that it was #NationalPumpkinDay.  I decided it would be fun to get in on the hashtag and we needed 'zert.  These Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies were super fast to throw together.  The dough was really easy to work with, I'm guessing because the pumpkin made them nice and moist.  I like these cookies because they aren't crazy pumpkiny.  There's a nice hint of the flavor in a soft, moist cookie.  Perfect.

So here's to two quick and easy and still tasty recipes.  Highly recommend!

Comments