Snack and Apps

One of my favorite Pinterest boards is my Snacks and Apps category.  I love appetizer.  Cheeseballs, dips, mini quiches, little sandwiches, cheese and crackers, all of it.

I decided a fun Friday evening meal might be to make a couple of appetizers since I haven't had many other excuses to do that lately, and just call it a meal.


I chose Bruschetta with Garlic Mozzarella Toast for the first item since tomatoes and basil are aplenty at this time of year.  It was perfectly fresh and yummy.  Even my hubby, who doesn't care for tomatoes, at all, enjoyed it.  I loved the addition of mozzarella to the toast.  (I also added parmesan cheese and onion to the tomato mixture.  I have a thing with cheese.)


Secondly, I made these Meatball Poppers.  My little one has a thing for meatballs, so this was my nod in her direction.  She and the hubby loved these!  I thought they needed a sauce of some kind, so I just added a little of the bruschetta tomato mixture to each bite.  It worked!  You could also use spaghetti or pizza sauce.

The meatball poppers have a lot of tinkering potential too.  Imagine adding cheddar cheese and a little piece of bacon and pickle--voila!  Bacon Cheeseburger Poppers.  More fodder for Snacks and Apps on Friday nights!

Comments