If the Kids Won't Eat

Getting little ones to eat is something I hear parents complain about on a pretty regular basis.  Our little definitely has her favorites, but she knows not to play the picky game.  Because she has a great attitude, though, I always love when her willingness to try new foods pays off in a new dish she loves.  And eats. And eats.  And eats.


The odds of her liking this Olive Garden Parmesan Shrimp were very much in my favor from the outset.  She loves shrimp, pasta, and Olive Garden.  There are a few different steps to making this dish, which means multiple pans and baking dishes, which, of course, I'm not a fan of.  I managed to get around the two 8x8 dishes by just adding the pasta back to the original one.

Other modifications I made included using a pound of medium sized shrimp, using half and half instead of cream, and cutting the butter on top of the pasta in half.  It was still scrumptious and plenty rich.  One of the commenters on the recipe, suggested adding garlic salt.  We sprinkled a little on at the table, and it was just the right touch.

I've never actually ordered this dish at Olive Garden so I don't have any standard for comparison, but it was very good, and before I knew it, the plates beside me were empty.

Comments