Fajita!


I think my desire for spring and all things green prompted me to pin this Fajita Chicken with Green Onion and Cilantro Rice.  It was lovely to have something cheerful and bright on our plates after an icy, rainy day.

The flavor on the chicken was very good, and would make excellent traditional, in the taco shell style fajitas.  I ended up just cooking the meat in my cast iron skillet since grilling would have meant taking my life in my own hands on the icy patio.  It was still very good.  I liked the fresh flavor of the Cilantro sauce, but it was kindly suggested to me that the sauce was not everyone's favorite part of the meal.

As I was putting away the leftovers after dinner, it occurred to me that this seasoning combination on chicken would be make outstanding burrito bowls.  I may even be trying that for Saturday lunch!

Comments

Suzy said…
That looks so good! I love fajitas! I can't wait to have a kitchen again and try making some of these recipes!