Thank Goodness There Was Dessert

There's always dessert at our house, and some days it is my saving grace.


Our main course wasn't bad.  Just lame.  I hate it when dinner is lame.  Baked Spaghetti and Cheese--all the makings for carby, cheesy awesomeness.  Maybe it was the skim milk, or the reduced fat cheese, or the lack of salt, or whatever, but it was blah.  Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Ugh.  Do over, please.


Dessert however was good!  I'm on a roll with Valentine's baking.  I love themed, holiday baked goods, and these Inside Out Peanut Butter Blossoms saved the day.  The chocolate was rich and deep (maybe it was the half dark cocoa powder I used), and the perfect foil to the peanut butter hearts.  One suggestion--don't press the candies into the cookies while they are on the cooling racks.  You'll end up losing some of the cookie through the rack!  I found it worked fine to let the cookies cool on the pans for a few minutes, then add the candy, then move them to the cooling rack.

A 50/50 split on the day isn't bad, and maybe I'll feel even better about it if I go eat another cookie.

Comments