Go Straight for the Fries


At the end of a long teaching day, I'm interested in simple easy-prep recipes.  So much so, that sometimes a recipe is more of an inspiration than anything.  Such is the case with these Teriyaki Chicken Quesadillas.  Rather than laboring over a sauce or grating cheese, I used thawed frozen chicken from the freezer and warmed it in this Kikkoman Teryaki Sauce.  Then I added it to my tortilla shells, alongside a mix of cheeses I had in the refrigerator, and threw in a little green onion.  It was good, but unremarkable.


And boy did the quesadilla pale when compared to the fries.  Sweet Potato Fries to be exact.  I've never even had sweet potato fries before let alone made them, but somehow, inspiration struck in the store as I swung through the produce section.  I decided these Baked Garlic Sweet Potato Fries seemed like a good bet.  As I was perusing Pinterest, I also noticed that there seemed to be a lot of information on how to properly prep the fries.  I decided to the follow the steps listed here, including letting the fries sit in water in the fridge overnight so that they were ready to go when I arrived home.

Once I had added the cornstarch and tossed the fries in olive oil, I liberally sprinkled them with Kosher salt.  I baked them for about 35 minutes at 425 degrees, and stirred two or three times during the baking process.  When they were nice a crispy, toasty, brown, I moved them to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkled them with Mama Francesca's Parmesan and Garlic, as well as some regular Parmesan.

So, I'm a total convert.  The fries were delicious.  I expected "okay", but I could have eaten a lot of these things.  Soooooooo good.  Highly recommend and soon.

Comments

Lauren said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said…
I love sweet potato fries!! But I never know how to get them crispy. Definitely going to give these steps a try!