Fancy Sandwich Pizza

I love trying new little restaurants that create unique sandwich combinations.  It's so delicious to try familiar tastes paired in a new way.  This White Pizza with Cranberries, Chicken, and Onions was excellent, and could totally work as a wonderful sandwich or in this case pizza.


This is not necessarily a quick, one-pot dish.  I made the crust, saved a step by using pre-cooked, frozen chicken, then made the sauce, then browned the onions, then assembled it all.  The sauce was amazing, and would make an excellent base for many other pizzas.  Definitely using it again.  The combination of the other toppings was just a perfect balance of savory and sweet.  Cranberries and feta are always a winner in my book.


And can I just say, this was such a pretty pizza.  The crust was beautifully golden and all the toppings together looked so inviting.  I can't wait to dive into the leftovers!

Comments

Suzy said…
That pizza sounds delicious! I love cranberries and pizza. I'm looking forward to having a kitchen again when I graduate!
Unknown said…
This pizza looks fantastic! Definitely a unique combination of ingredients to create a modern twist on a classic meal. I need to try this!
HRottier said…
The leftovers were yummy too. Except for the cheese that burnt my lip. That wasn't good. :(