Stir It Up

After many holiday indulgences and several trips, making healthier eating choices feels great.  Not that I don't love my junk food mind you...


I love a stir fry for adding great veggies to my menu.  I should remember to make them more often.  For this week's combination, I used round steak from my freezer, part of a giant bag of stir fry vegetables from Costco, and than suddenly realized I didn't have sauce!  A quick Pinterest search yielded this one.  This is a good basic stir fry recipe.  It added flavor without taking over.  I went a little easy on the soy sauce since the writer suggested Kikkoman soy sauce was too salty.  I don't know that I think the full amount would be too much.  I suggest trying a few different combos to see what your family likes.

In another note, I loved the Costco veggie combination--mini corn cobs, full size green beans, snap peas, red peppers, big water chestnuts, and some meaty mushrooms.  We've got the rest of the five pound bag to work our way through so I won't need to buy any more soon, but I highly recommend.

Comments