My Girl and Her Muffins


My girly has picked up my bad habit of losing interest in breakfast foods.  She sticks with something for a while, but then tires of it, and tires quickly. Overnight, bam, she's done. No more.

She does love muffins, but I keep changing them up in hopes of not losing the one standard that has stuck around for some time.  I decided to get ahead of the game last week by making these Banana & Toasted Coconut Muffins.

Those muffins were an act of love, friends.  It was my first time working with coconut oil, there were many, many dishes, and multiple steps.  After laboring over the muffins and seeing how pretty they were, I could wait for my girl to bite into the first one.

As always, I asked, "What do you think?"  I got, "They're okay, I guess.  Not really much flavor."

I was stunned.  Heartbroken. Could it be true?

It turns out that a bad case of allergies and/or a cold prevented her from tasting what are pretty good muffins.  The coconut flavor isn't strong enough for my liking, but they are also better than your average banana muffin too.

I'm guessing these muffins won't be made again--too much work, and most likely somebody will get tired of them too soon.

Comments