Mississippi Pot Roast

Mom's pot roast was the best.  I don't know if the secret was her well-seasoned pan or just knowing the exact right time and temperature, but it was delicious.  Moist and tender every time, no matter the cut of meat.  I think I'll probably spend my adult life trying to recreate her success, but without the patience to bake low and slow as she did.


This Mississippi Pot Roast is probably the closest I've come in moist, tender texture.  I used ranch dressing and brown gravy mixes, with about a third of a jar of pepper rings.  The seasoning was a little different than mom used, but it was delicious!  Lots of flavors without overpowering the roast itself.  I also like that it wasn't drowning in liquid.  There was plenty of juice from the roast to make gravy, though.

It may not be Mom's recipe, but it was so good and easy, I may quit trying to replicate

Comments