September. Whoa.

And it's September today.  Totally having trouble buying it, but since I'm turning pages and making a new menu, I guess it must be true.


Speaking of menu, here it is!  Back to school and back to short prep dishes on Tues/Wed/Thurs nights.  Piano is back in full force so we are also back to crock pot meals on Monday.  


Our first meal of the new month was a good one (except for those Mango Salsa chips, blech).  These Salsa Verde Steak Sandwiches are super easy when you cheat and use bottled salsa!  I used flank steak from the freezer, and cheese rolls from Walmart.  So yum!


Since we spent our day at the apple orchard and came home with freshly picked apples, I decided to use them for dessert.  I made my favorite fried apple recipe, and served it over vanilla ice cream.  It was a lovely first taste of fall.

And so now our routine begins with a vengeance.  Hang on folks, it could be a bumpy ride!

Comments