A Little Taste of the Islands

On my list of places to travel, is the Hawaiian Islands.  Of course it's beautiful there, and I'm a fan of tropical vacations, but more and more I'm looking forward to eating the food.  So far, the tastes I've had, which, admittedly, are heavily influenced by Disney's Polynesian Resort, have been fantastic.


All that to say I was very enthusiastic about this recipe for Aloha BBQ Sliders.  Although, there were several steps to go through, it is worth every single one.  Who knew these little cutesy burgers could be so fab?  Not me, but now I am so much the wiser.

I made a few swaps to but adhered to the spirit of the recipe.  Instead of brown sugar barbecue sauce, I chose instead to use Sweet Baby Ray's new Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce. It was as if it was just waiting there calling out to me to use it!  Secondly, I forgot to defrost bacon slices, so I just mixed in some of my Costco fully cooked bacon crumbles in with the ground beef mixture. Wow! It was a great decision, and even though you can't see me, I'm giving myself a tiny pat on the back for that one.

I will totally be making these burgers again.  And even though the little sliders were awful cute, I might buy the full size King's Hawaiian hamburger buns and making everything regular size with full slices of pineapple and cheese.  How delicious would that be?!!

Comments