A Weekend of Eating

We had a great weekend, albeit calorie-laden.  Family was in town, I gave my Twitter final, and I think most of the weekend we snacked and ate.  It was a whole lot of fun.

Here's the run down of the goodies:


Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats--these were disappointing.  They really didn't taste too much different than regular Rice Krispie Squares.  Slightly more potatoey, but not with the salty kick that I expected.


Toffee Crunch Chex Bars--these were a delightful gooey mess.  We really did like these.  I chose to use a Betty Crocker pouch of sugar cookie dough rather than the refrigerated variety.  If I make these again in the future, I'll add more peanuts to the marshmallow layer and possibly the Chex layer.  I might also use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy, just for a little more texture.


Loaded Baked Potato Dip--this is all kinds of awesome, and a big hit with my students and guests alike.  I served mine with some nice thick Ruffles potato chips.  If it were socially acceptable to sit down and eat this with a spoon, I probably would.


Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts--it has fresh mozzarella, how bad could it be?  These were super easy to make, especially when I used some of my big bag of Kirkland bacon bits.  Throw in fresh mozz and shredded cheddar, and you have all around deliciousness.

Comments