I Wasn't Sure

I don't remember what caught my eye, but Chili Tortellini certainly sounded like it had potential.


It did not disappoint. There's nothing terribly exotic about this recipe, but it is a fun way to put two different dishes together.  For my version, I used about two cloves of garlic and a can of red and a can of black beans.  I also chose to use diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion rather than Rotel.  Finally, I nixed the cilantro.

Topped with sour cream and some cheddar, this was really good.  I really enjoyed having a chili flavor without such a strong presence of tomato.  It was there, but more subtle.  It was also kind of fun to have the tortellini for a nice change.

We loved this recipe.  It certainly doesn't replace a traditional chili in my book, but I like the idea of having another winner in the chili category.

Comments