Tuesday was Tasty

Things are slowly returning to normal around here.  Everyone is returning to work and school, and tomorrow I might even leave the house!  (Really, I've had no need to experience sub-zero temps+wind chills, so staying toasty warm at home is fine.)


Luckily, I've found another couple of tasty recipes to enjoy.  Tonight we enjoyed these Honey & Soy Baked Chicken Thighs.  I prepped the sauce ingredients an hour or so before baking and let the chicken (I used boneless, skinless thighs) marinate for a little while before baking.  Even though I wasn't using the skin-on variety of meat, I still rotated the meat half way through cooking time so that the sauce was evening distributed.  We all enjoyed the mix of flavors--sweet without being too much.

Since the sauce sort of reminded me of teriyaki flavors, I decided pineapple would be a good side.  I managed to find a small (8 oz) can of pineapple chunks in the pantry, and used this recipe for Carmelized Pineapple to make it a little extra special.  Yum!  So good.  I have to make sure I put canned pineapple on my shopping list so that I can make this again soon.  I used about 2.5 teaspoons of brown sugar for the 8 oz can.  There could have been more sugar, but I didn't want it completely sugary.

Done and done.  Two more good recipes that I'll make again in the future.

Comments