Holiday Weekends

Weekends December always put me in the mood to make holiday treats.  In general, I don't have a traditional list of things I have to make each Christmas.  My tendency to try new recipes holds true, even when it comes to holiday baking.


First, I tried these Easy Peanut Butter Soft Caramels.  I loved the idea of making something out of ingredients I already had on hand, plus it went pretty quickly.  These really are easy, and in no time you have delicious, chewy peanut butter caramels.  Watch carefully, though, all of sudden the heat got away from me, and I almost lost the batch!


For our Sunday School class on Sunday, I decided to make this Eggnog Monkey Bread.  Our class loves all things monkey bread, so we're always game to try a new variety.  The eggnog flavor in this is terrific.  Spot on without being too much.  I didn't bring very much home!


For my colleagues at work, I often make a snack mix of some kind.  We're all busy diving into grading and finals, and we just need something to munch on.  There are tons of versions of sweet Chex mix/Holiday Mix/Christmas Crack on Pinterest.  I settled on this one, adding more cashews, because 5 oz did not look like enough.  I also felt like the flavors needed to be brought out just a little, so I sprinkled sea salt lightly over the mix as it was cooling.  This got rave reviews and recipe requests, and it's a snap to make, so highly recommended as an addition to your holiday goodies

Comments