Home Sweet Home

Given the chaos that has surrounded our town post-tornado, we are really enjoying the extra time at home this Thanksgiving weekend.  We are enjoying just being together, in whatever form that takes--naps, crafts, movies, baking, whatever.


The beauty of quiet evenings at home is super simple meals.  These Parmesan Ham and Swiss Crescent Rolls are perfect comfort food, plus easy to prepare with ingredients I had on hand.  I used a sprinkle of real Parmesan cheese rather than the jarred stuff, and I loved the crispy sprinkle it added to the outside of the rolls.  I went easy on the Italian Seasoning too, and they probably could have used a bit more.


We ended our meal with these Soft Baked Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies.  Although these probably don't fall under the heading of traditional holiday baking, they are delicious!  A great combination of flavors, especially when you get a bite that's heavy on the crunchy peanuts and toffee bits.  I wasn't sure whether the recipe called for the toffee bits with chocolate or not, but since that's what I had, that's what I used.  The addition of a little bit of chocolate was definitely a lucky happenstance.

Comments