Good Things Come in Threes

October is busy for us.  We're celebrating a birthday, school, work, and church are in full swing, and there just seem to be a number of extras that crowd the calendar.  All of it good stuff, but I find I'm more busy doing, than blogging.

Here's a recap of some of the good stuff we've been eating lately:


First there was this totally made up Cubano Pizza.  I recently had some at a local restaurant, and I absolutely had to try to recreate it.  I had some pork roast leftover, I used that in combination with deli ham, swiss and mozzarella cheeses, as well as this knock-off Chick-Fil-A sauce.  It was yum.  It totally could have used more mustard flavor (in fact I added some to the top), but I have to go easy for the sake of the others at my table.


For a party this weekend, I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip.  I've made a pumpkin dip before, and it was good, but this has more richness of flavor.  We used honey graham sticks, pretzels, and chocolate covered grahams for dippers.  You could totally sub in some apples, ginger snaps, vanilla wafers, etc.

Finally, here's a great and easy slow cooker recipe for Fiesta Ranch Chicken (sorry no picture!).  I only made a half a recipe, but we loved every bite!  The prep work is easy--I just added the dip mix to the zipper bag, rather than dredging the chicken, and it worked fine and saved me a dish. :)  Just give the sauce a little stir before serving.

Comments