Val's Tortellini


I think one of the things that inevitably comes up among my friends and I, is the topic of dinner.  What we're making tonight, what we ate last night, what recipes we are looking forward to trying.

Our dinner tonight was a recipe mentioned to me by my friend Val.  She had tried the recipe from Pinterest, and shared the link.  However, I'm not certain of the link's origin.  So, at our house, it will forever be "Val's Tortellini".

If you are in search of a completely simple and delicious slow cooker recipe, do add this to your list.  It's so easy and fool proof, and despite that, still tastes good.  Bravo!  Homerun!  Sign me up.

I followed the recipe with the a couple of exceptions.  I waited until a couple of hours ahead of dinner time to add the spinach.  I didn't want to cook the snot out of it.  I also added a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese at the end.

If you use cheese tortellini, this is a great Meatless Monday dish.  It would be good to take to friends who need a meal.  It's definitely a good fit for the end of a very busy day, regardless of who is doing the cooking.  In the end, I don't know exactly if this qualifies as pasta or soup, but it certainly qualifies as yummy and that's good enough for me.

Comments