It's a Taco Tuesday


Many families have taco something-or-other on their menu nearly every week.  We are not that family.  I love tacos, but crave more variety.  Our girly, where other kids have tacos on their short list, is just not that into them.  Thus, I add taco varietals to the menu sparingly.

We are, however, a burger family, so this Taco Burger looked delicious from the first time I spotted it.  I think it's fair to say that our burgers were inspired by this recipe.  Since I was working with pre-made patties from our partial side of beef, I had to make a few adjustments.

First, since I was using the pre-made patties, it wasn't possible to incorporate the seasonings inside.  So, I essentially made them like I would ordinarily make taco meat for filling tacos.  I added the seasoning and a little bit of water to the pan after they were cooked, making sure to flip them once in the seasoning mix.  Then, just as I was getting ready to serve them, sprinkled a little 2% cheddar on top.

Since the prep process was different, I also changed up the burger build process.  I started with tortilla chips on the bottom half of the bun.  The crunch of the chips on the burger was awesome.  Totally adding them to other burgers in the future. Then I added the burger topped with cheese, and a slice of just picked tomato.  Lastly, I topped them with the Oikos Red Pepper dip, as a substitute for sour cream and salsa.  Yummy!

Whether your family happens to be a Taco Family or a Burger Family, I'm guessing you'll love these.  It's a keeper!

Comments