Double Delicious

I rarely expect two delicious dishes in the same simple weeknight meal, but I lucked out on this one.  We started with these super simple Greek Pita Sandwiches.  There really is very little in the way of prep work here, mostly just assembly.  I used FarmRich Turkey Meatballs, Oikos Dill and Cucumber Dip, chopped cherub tomates, feta cheese, fresh spinach, and multi-grain pita.  Nothing profound, just good.


Summer fruits are reaching their peak, and I was looking for a new way to use some blueberries I found on sale this week. These Blueberry Pie Bars were perfect.  They are very sweet.  If you are a crust lover like I am, the ratio of fruit to crust is definitely in your favor.  You could certainly increase the number of blueberries you add if you want to counter the lever of sweetness in the crust and topping.  We choose, instead, to cut the sweet with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  That works too!

Comments