Semester Wrap-Up

The end of the semester is always bitter-sweet.  I'm ready for a lazy summer, but I will miss my students.  They are fun, challenging, energizing, and at times, infuriating, but I love it all.


One of the best ways to wrap up the semester is with my social media marketing class.  We get together to watch a movie, in this case The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Tweet about what we're watching, and eat!  Everyone brought a food item to share, most of it homemade from pins on Pinterest.  They really go all out for their dishes!


I chose to bring this Hot Corn Dip.  It looked as though most of the class was bringing something sweet, so I was looking for something savory for a little balance.  For the most part, I followed the recipe.  I decided to leave out the chipotle peppers because I didn't know how spicy people would want the dip.  The other thing I changed was the preparation.  I needed to be on campus for a while before class, so I simply prepped the dip at home, threw it in the crockpot, and turned the crockpot on high for a couple of hours when I got to campus.  It worked really well!

I thought the dip was pretty good.  It got a little watery, but that may have been because of the condensation dripping off the crock-pot lid, who knows.  Still, it was good and cheesy with just the right amount of spice.

Comments