Looking for Leprechauns


I love all things themey.  So, even though we are not Irish and have no reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I just can't help myself.

I made this Lucky Charm Snack Mix for my husband to take to his team at work.  They have all been working really hard to get caught up on their work load, and he likes to do what he can to encourage them along the way.  This is how I can help him!  He's got a pretty big group, so snack mixes work well--many served, minimal effort.

For this mix I used a full box of Lucky Charms (make sure you leave sufficient time to separate the marshmallows from the cereal, not my favorite part), two bags of Wilton candy melts, 3/4 of a bag of stick pretzels, a can of cocktail peanuts, and one bag of plain M&Ms.  Since I couldn't find just green M&Ms, I ended up using the Easter mix.  I think it worked okay, since the marshmallows are somewhat pastel too.  The green sprinkles help make it look more St. Paddy's appropriate.

This is a good mix.  I especially like the pretzels, but I don't think that's a surprise--chocolate dipped pretzels are a familiar, delicious choice.  And the best part?  It's still a couple of days until the Wearin' O' the Green, so you still have time to make yourself some!

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks really good! I always love the various chex mix type foods. A lady at my work used to make one that had peanut butter m&m's in it and it was literally the best thing I've ever tasted. I'm not sure if it was the fact that the m&m's were covered with a white chocolate powder sugar mix too or what, but it was to die for!

This one looks delicious too because Lucky Charms have always been my favorite cereal. They used to sell just the marshmallows up at Holland's but I am not sure if they do still. Please feel free to bring in any recipes you make to class as I will gladly taste-test them and I am sure my fellow classmates will agree! haha

Have a great spring break!