If I Rearrange a Few Things...

... I think this recipe for Easy Honey Mustard Mozzarella Chicken would be a keeper.


The flavors are good in the recipe, as is, but there are some texture and blending issues that could be improved with a tweak or two.  If I'd read the reviews before diving into the recipe, I would have known that.  I always was terrible at those tests where you have to read everything, and then the last instruction says put your name on the paper and hand it in.  I guess my lack of instruction reading shows up in recipe following too.


Here's what I would do differently:  wrap the chicken in bacon from the beginning.  The extra flavor will be super yummy and the bacon will get nice and crispy.  Secondly, combine the honey and the mustard before covering the chicken.  I thought it was strange that the recipe said to do it separately, but I followed the instructions, against my better judgement.  I omitted the lemon pepper.  I'm not crazy about it, and I was pretty sure the others at my table wouldn't be either.  Finally, I used fresh mozzarella rather than regular and it was a great finishing touch.

I'd like to give this recipe another shot, with the modifications above.  It's tasty enough to warrant another try.

Comments