Pork Chopped

The recipe title, Baked Pork Chops, doesn't explain much about this recipe.  I've been baking pork chops for a long time; it's how my mom always prepared them.  So what makes this recipe different?

There are a few steps that take the flavor in this recipe up a notch.  They are very good, but I'm still trying to decide if all the extra steps are worth it.  The breading and frying add a nice dimension of seasoning to the overall dish.  While I doubt I will very often do the breading/frying routine, I do think i might start adding garlic powder, season salt, and Italian seasoning to my usually pork chop prep methods.

The sauce on this dish is a little extra special too.  The wine definitely changes the flavor from your ordinary cream of soup flavor.

These are good.  Allow plenty of time because they do take a few minutes to prepare, what with the dipping, breading and frying, and then they bake for quite a long time.  Not sure if I want my regular week night dinners so time consuming, but I'll keep this recipe around as a good alternative to my standard pork chops.


Comments