Cooking on the Fly


Our weekend schedule was thrown for a bit of a loop and with it the menu plan.  Many times that would really stress me out, but this weekend, at least, I was up for the challenge.

And there were a few small challenges in getting this Enchilada Quiche made.  One of the reasons I thought of making quiche in the first place, was the fact that there was a ready-made pie crust sitting in the refrigerator.  Too bad it looked like this.


Plan B then became crescent rolls.  Turns out they make a pretty good crust if you put them in a pie plate, skinny points to the middle, and pushed together to form a crust.

I omitted the chilies from the recipe, for heat reasons, but otherwise prepared this mostly as directed.  I used a combination of half and half and skim milk, all cheddar cheese, and mild salsa.

This got rave reviews from my littlest critic.  I was so surprised!  She did not notice the veggies from the salsa, but just scarfed it right down with a little sour cream.

So I guess this goes in the keeper file, even as last minute and substitution fraught as it was.

Comments