The Right Foot


We definitely started the new year and new menu off right.  This Chicken Pot Pie Soup was delicious and cozy without being heavy.  The pie crust wedges are the perfect side.

For the most part I followed the recipe on this one.  My changes included: switching to half and half to lighten things up a bit.  I'm sure making it with heavy cream would be heavenly!  I also left out the peas.  Try as we might, we just don't like them.  Finally, I left the black pepper off of the pie crust wedges.  Again, we aren't big pepper fans, and I really didn't miss it.

This recipe gets a high recommendation from our table.  Normally, soups take a while for the flavors to come together.  This one was great, straight from the soup pot, right after I made it.  The pie crust wedges are awesome.  Go ahead, crumble some into the soup.  You won't regret it!

Comments