A Cozy Calzone

Calzones are really just pizza with more crust.  Perfect in my book.  These Meatball Calzones were a cozy finish to our week on Friday.


Now admittedly, I took the easy road in making these.  I used my bread maker to make the pizza dough, purchased Italian meatballs, and frozen spaghetti sauce from a local Italian restaurant leftover from a catered event.  Still, they were delicious and cheesy and made the house smell heavenly.

Based on my use of the spaghetti sauce, I'd recommend using something more than straight up tomato sauce.  Or if you choose plain sauce, I would suggest adding some Italian seasoning.  I doubt the meatball seasoning on its own is enough.


A surprisingly tasty addition to our meal were these Balsamic-Glazed Green Beans.  They were simple and slightly sweet.  Instead of almonds, I used toasted walnuts because that's what I came across first.

So we continue the new year with a couple more great recipes.  Let's hope we continue with some good stuff this week!

Comments