Sweets for Saturday

I love my job, and other than the fact that this week it required me to administer a final exam on Saturday morning, it's perfect for me.  Even though it was a Saturday, at least I got to spend my time with some cool-cat social media marketing students.


Part of our fun during the final is to bring in treats we've pinned from Pinterest.  With votes from my students, I chose to make these Upside-Down Caramel Apple Rolls.

This is not a difficult recipe, but allow time for chopping - apples, pecans, rolls.  I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan, so there was extra of each to prepare.  I'm not sure if it was because of the bigger pan or not, but my baking time definitely went toward the higher end of the recommended amount, so keep that in your plan as well.

These are super sweet and delicious.  The caramel and cinnamon flavors came together very nicely, better than I expected.  After baking and flipping, allow some time for the rolls to sit so that the apple juices can thicken with the caramel topping.  You won't be sorry.

Comments