Soup for You!


As opposed to "No soup for you!" for my Seinfeld-loving friends.  I miss that show and the good laugh it provided.

This Crockpot Lasagna Soup is a super easy (pun intended) soup.  No precooking or anything.  Just dump in your ingredients, add the pasta in the last half hour and you're set.

The smell of this cooking in my house all day was awesome!  I couldn't wait to dive in.  I managed to keep myself in check until I had prepared some garlic bread and grapes on the side, and sprinkled a little mozzarella on top.

This is a hearty soup and very filling.  I recommend using the leanest ground beef you can find, because it cooks in the soup.  I, personally, hate trying to get the grease off the top of dishes.  You could also try precooking the ground beef so that you can drain it.

I wouldn't say this tastes exactly like lasagna, but it certainly is good.  There's a certain cheesy decadence that comes with lasagna that's tough to replicate in soup.  This is a perfect for a busy wintry day, or any other day where you have minimal time to spend in the kitchen.

Oh, and while we're at it, does anybody need some leftover V8?  We don't drink the stuff, I have a lot left over from this recipe, and there's nothing coming up on the menu plan where I can use it.  Poor planning...

Comments