Oh, wow!


So, normally, I'm just okay with pumpkin.  In the fall I get a taste for it, but I'm always looking for a delicate balance between bland and mediocre and not overly laden with the traditional combination of "pumpkin pie" spices.

For some reason, pumpkin cheesecakes caught my eye on Pinterest recently, so I decided to try this Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake for our Thanksgiving table.  I'm so glad I took the chance!

This is a deliciously creamy pumpkin flavor hidden beneath a scrumptious praline layer.  It got the approval of non-pumpkin lovers and non-cheesecake lovers alike, and was a homerun with those who like both.  I'll definitely be making it again.

I don't usually worry too much about proper technique when it comes to cooking and baking.  I'm in it for the fun of it, and to stumble across some tasty foods.  However, I'm especially proud that I was able to bake a smooth cake with no cracks!  These cheesecake baking tips helped a lot.


Look, ma, no cracks!

For the most part, I followed the recipe to the letter.  One suggestion I would make would be to let the topping cool a bit before adding it to the cheesecake.  I did not, and the middle of the cheesecake got very soft as a result, despite the fact that it was fully cooked and firm after baking.

There's still time left in the holiday season to enjoy this recipe, please do!

Comments