First of Fall

When September comes, I am ready for all things fall.  This weekend we have begun to see fall's first signs--brilliant sunshine, cool nights, cheers from the soccer field--you get the idea.

Food for fall always makes me think of apples.  So Friday I found myself with the urge to make dessert of the fall variety, so I tried these Apple Toffee Blondies

These blondies are all butter and brown sugar, the best ingredients of the dessert world.  Without thinking I dumped a full cup of butter in the mixer, so mine my have been just a tad extra buttery, but I'm not complaining!  I tried to adjust the other ingredients accordingly, and they came out just fine. 

I do think that I would add more than just one apple for the 9x13 pan.  I think it's possible to eat a whole blondie without getting apple.  They are still yummy, but just not too appley.  The frosting, however, is wonderful as is. 

These are a great treat to enjoy or at home, or they would make a lovely addition to any fall get together.  Hope you find fall delicious!

Comments