Showers of Happiness

On Sunday we celebrated the upcoming marriage of my oldest niece.  She is special to me.  I was nine years old when I found out I was to become an aunt, and I'll never forget my joy in telling everyone.

For the shower, we decided to make it a meeting of the families.  Rather than a ladies only event, we choose to make this a family invite for the immediate families and bridal party.  Our goal was casual, elegant BBQ/picnic.  I think things turned out well.  (And I certainly left full)



Here was our menu:  my sister made smoked, pulled pork, pecan tassies, peanut butter brownies, lemon squares, sausage won tons, and a sweet potato salad.  My sister-in-law made a pesto, jarlsburg roll-up appetizer, a wonderful caprese salad and a mixed fruit salad.  My contributions were:



Herb Watermelon Feta Salad (triumph! so fresh and tasty),



Mini Fruit Pizzas (these were delicious but tinier than I expected),
Italian Beef (this recipe plus a jar of pepponcinis), and



Chips in Bags! (I loved these, can you tell?)

Comments