Menu Catchup

As much as I love menu planning, I don't always stick to the plan. If I've already purchased ingredients for a specific recipe, it also usually means interrupting another week's menu so that I don't end up wasting a lot of food.
This Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce was one such recipe. I had everything on hand from last week so decided to go ahead this week and get it made. I am always leary of jarred alfredo sauce. It has a decidedly unalfredo taste to me, and I usually don't pick recipes that use that shortcut. It's just not worth it in the long run.
I decided to take the chance this time since it started with the sun-dried tomato variety and included fresh ingredients. I followed the recipe as written, only adding a bit of ricotta I had on hand to the sauce. I thought the extra dose of creaminess, but help camouflage the jarred taste. I was right!
This pasta was delicious! Fresh tasting, uncomplicated, and yummy. I think it definitely needs the fresh tomato and basil, so I'll save this for summer when those are both in ready supply, but I will make it again.

Comments