VBS

VBS.  Otherwise known as the perfect forum for trying new pins!

We just completed our week of Vacation Bible School at church.  It's always an exhausting week, but I did get the chance to try two new recipes.  The snacks at our VBS are always first rate.  For the kids, always in theme.  For the adults, delicious, terrible for you, and plenteous.

This week our VBS theme was Christmas in June so we concluded the week with a traditional Christmas program and Christmas cookies.  I had pinned these Jell-O Cookies a while ago, and thought they'd be a festive addition. 


Based on the author's recommendation I went with raspberry for the red and lime for the green.  This dough is so easy to work with, and these cookies are so much fun to make.  The weird thing is that the fruity flavor doesn't come through that strongly.  It's there, but the dominate flavor is the usual sugar cookie flavor.  The little cook in my house is already plotting all the colors we can make.  (We even looked up all the Jell-O flavors on line!)  She wants to make a rainbow of cookies.  Now I just have to come up with a reason for needing 12-14 dozen cookies.

Our VBS teachers look forward to the "teacher treats" that are provided while their group of children are at game time.  For many, it's their supper for the evening because they come right from work or whatever else is going on in their day.  It was the perfect audience for this Monster Cookie Dough Dip.  It's the first of the cookie dough dips that I've tried.  I've seen a lot of different varieties pinned, and you can be sure that I'll be trying several others now.  This was super good.  The mixture of ingredients blended well with the cream cheese and butter base, and it did, indeed, taste like cookie dough. (No worries, though, I'm not giving up the real stuff!)

Everybody learns a lot from a VBS week, and this week I learned about two new excellent recipes!

Comments