That's What Friends Are For

Friends give good recipes, that is.  I'm not about to go all Stevie Wonder and Dionne Warwick on you.

While hanging out with friends this week, they were talking about a breakfast casserole recipe one had made based on the recommendation of the first.  It sounded easy and delicious, so I asked for specifics.

So here it is, just a few ingredients:

1 Dozen Eggs, beaten
8 oz sour cream
1 lb of pork sausage, browned
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:  Beat the eggs and then combine with the sour cream.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350.  Then add the browned sausage and spread the cheese on top and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. 

That's it.  Nothing else necessary.  A beautiful breakfast casserole with no overnight prep, no hours in the oven.  I cooked a few slices of bacon in with the sausage and that was fantastic.  I'm sure you could also replace the sausage with ham if you wanted. 

I just found a great breakfast casserole to make for company, sharing at brunches, breakfast for dinner night, and on and on.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Thanks Mary!

Update: I've since tried this recipe with cubed ham and it's delicious too!  I also added just a bit of ground mustard, and I think that is an addition worth keeping in all versions.

Comments