Make It Your Own

When I originally saw this recipe for Roasted Chicken with Creamy Cheddar Rice, I knew it would be tasty.  It was the first thing I added to my April menu plan.

However, Monday was too nice a day to bake things in the oven.  Warm sunshine called for a hot grill.  So, while I followed the instructions for the rice (baked in the toaster oven) and broccoli to letter, I had to go my own way on the chicken. 

One of my favorite "marinades" is Italian dressing.  It works so well and makes things taste so good.  It was the perfect solution for a sunny spring day--Italian dressing marinated chicken on the grill.

The cheddar rice is delicious.  (Hellooooo, it's cheddar.)  I used white basmati rice instead of brown, so I didn't let it cook as long.  I can't wait to make it again.  And maybe, some day, I'll roast the chicken with herbs alongside.

Comments