Pretty Good

I love my Taste of Home cookbooks.  I have tried so many recipes and most turn out well without extraordinary labors.  I love that they use "normal" ingredients, and so I go back over and over.

Wednesday's recipe was from the 2007 Annual Edition of recipes.  This Pretty Penne Ham Skillet is simple but tasty.  I made a half recipe--anything that uses a full pound of pasta would take our little family weeks to eat.  Even with halving the recipe, I still got six very large servings.  I can't even imagine the serving size if you make the recipe, as is, and serve six!

I decided not to buy fresh herbs for this recipe.  None of the rest of my recipes for this week called for them, so I figured I would end up wasting a lot.  The dried herbs were fine.  I'm sure the flavors are stronger using fresh, but it definitely is NOT required.

This would be a great recipe to use up leftover ham (Easter anyone?).  It's simple and kid-friendly (mine just picked around the red pepper).  It's a definite keeper!

Comments