Super

As in Bowl and Brownies.  These are definitely awesome. 

I love Take 5 candy bars, but I rarely eat them.  I decided my sister's Super Bowl party was the perfect opportunity to try these Take 5 Brownies.  I was not incorrect.

These are fantastic and even though there are several steps in making the brownies, no step is really labor intensive.  I used an ordinary Betty Crocker brownie mix for the bottom layer.  I added the extra egg for cakelike brownies and a wee bit of vanilla because I like a vanilla-y brownie.  Instead of waffle type pretzels, I just crunched up some mini twitsts.  I would totally recommend that switch.  Even with broken pieces these are tough to cut.  I can not imagine  how difficult it would be with the whole waffle pretzels in there.  This is the first time I've made a homemade caramel and it was suprisingly easy.  If you don't have a candy thermometer, the 5-10 minutes of boiling is spot on.  It took mine about seven minutes to get to 230 degrees.

I will totally be making these again.  They are super.

Update: Totally forgot I also made this Warm Italiano Spread from Kraft.  It's a super simple, but tasty addition to any party.  I served it with the Town House Flatbreads rather than Triscuits.

Comments