Breakfast Boats

Variations of this Breakfast Potato recipe have been floating all around the ever popular Pinterest.  I've seen many different combinations, including one, somewhere, that called them Breakfast Boats.  It's a cute name that definitely makes it sound more exciting than we found it to be.

This seems like a fun idea, but the execution needs some work.  The potato itself comes out dry and flavorless.  If I try these again, I would definitely add seasoning, more butter, and maybe some sour cream.  I would also scramble the eggs and mix in the cheese and meat before adding them to the potato.  I got some funny looks from the fam for leaving the eggs whole. 

I haven't reached a verdict on this one, but for right now I'm inclined to let eggs be eggs and potatoes be potatoes.

Comments