Shrimp Adieu?

I recently saved a recipe from a magazine for shrimp and corn chowder.  When I went to file the recipe, I found that I already had at least two other recipes for the very same thing!  I figured this was a strong signal to include shrimp chowder on my plan for October.

I ended up using this recipe from Cooking Light for Quick Shrimp Chowder because it had the least amount of prep.  We aren't big celery people, so based on my original idea, I substituted corn for the celery.

This was a really tasty soup.  It was a little thymey for my taste, so I wouldn't use as much of that in the future.  (I also used dried thyme instead of fresh.)  I think this soup would also be fantastic if it had a little bacon in it, but then again, I could add bacon to a lot of dishes!

So here's my dilemma, shortly after eating this soup I broke out in a seriously itchy rash.  Within 25 minutes I had several bumpy, itchy, red patches all over me.  I went to a prompt care to make sure it wasn't anything too serious and maybe get an opinion about the rash's origin. 

Blah, blah, blah, from now on I have to be careful on shellfish intake!  I don't know that I'll ever get to make this recipe again with my own suggestions.  Not what I expected, and it could be a total fluke, but a steriod shot and now a round of oral steriods tell me I need to be a little bit careful.

So, for now, shrimp adieu!

Comments