Tex Mex Monday

Our weekend meals are always changeable.  I'm okay with that.  In the case of this past weekend it meant one less night for me to cook!  I always try to be prepared for our weekend meals, though.  Since I had already purchased ground turkey for last Saturday's Tex Mex Turkey Burgers, I made them tonight. 

Ironically, the store was out of plain ground turkey when I shopped last week so I ended up with the taco seasoned variety and it ended up saving me a step.  I didn't add any extra seasoning because the meat was heavily seasoned already right out of the package.  I also mixed the shredded cheese in with the ground turkey rather than just using it as a topping.  I find that adding ingredients in with ground turkey keeps the burgers nice and moist.

We topped our burgers with sour cream, fresh tomatoes and a couple of tortilla chips.  The tomatoes added a deliciously mild flavor and the chips added a nice crunch. 

This recipe got a thumbs up from the family so I'll be making them again.  It will be interesting to actually follow the recipe and not just the recipe concept.

Comments