They Weren't Kidding

My little one loves blueberries and all things blueberry related. Since I had some berries in the fridge that needed to be used, I gave her the option of either blueberry muffins or blueberry pancakes this morning. (Loving Spring Break, by the way, and the option to bake something for breakfast on a weekday.)

She chose muffins, so I set out in search of a better blueberry muffin recipe. I've made the boxed mixes, the basic Better Homes recipe, and several others, but I'm always disappointed. After cruising Tasty Kitchen for a few minutes, I came across the Best Blueberry Muffins Ever. Exactly what I was looking for.

I made the recipe exactly as listed, but I left off the crumb topping. One of the commenters had said the muffins were pretty sweet and didn't need the topping. I was willing to be lazy and skip that step. One note, the batter seemed really thick to me, but it was fine when it baked up.

These are awesome. First, maybe I've finally mastered muffin-making technique (or at least gotten lucky this time) or maybe it's the recipe, but these were so tender and soft. Second, the mix of muffin to berry is just right. Sweet muffin with just a little tang from each blueberry. Finally, the sugar formed a beautiful crust on the muffin top. So good.

Comments

so while these muffins sound delicious.. I found something just as yummy that you should check out! ( if you haven't already)..

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/sweets/cupcakes-in-a-jar-the-latest-cupcake-craze-142206
HRottier said…
Thanks Steph. My little one loves a cupcake, jar or no jar so these will be on the list of things to make!