Sweet Valentine


A few weeks ago I spotted this Valentine Chex Mix and knew I wanted to try making it. You know I love all things Chex so a dedicated Valentine version couldn't be passed by.

Making this proved to be more challenging than I expected because everybody ran out of Valentine M&Ms! We visited Kroger and Walgreens both, and they had each crammed the little Valentine candy they had left at then end of an aisle. Kroger was already fully stocked with Easter candy. Crazy!

I used peanut M&Ms instead and it worked well. They may have even shown up more than plain would have. This recipe could be easily adapted for a lot of different holidays. I couldn't believe how many sprinkles are needed to fill a 1/4 cup.
In future versions I think I'll add in a salty item, perhaps pretzels. The mix is good, but there isn't a lot of contrast in the flavors.

Comments