Sunday Simple

Normally our Sunday suppers are fairly simple. We often go out for a meal after church so no one is really that hungry in the evening hours. Usually we have snacks or leftovers.

Today was a different kind of simple. I was home with my little one during the day because she wasn't feeling well. We had a relatively normal lunch so I decided I would cook for dinner. I made this Ham and Cheese Loaf I had intended for last Saturday evening. It was simple and easy to prepare and the result was very good. Perfect for our quiet evening at home.

The best thing about this recipe? By chance I sliced up a Gala apple to have on the side and decided to include a bite of apple with the ham and cheese loaf. It was terrific! I even wondered what it would be like to thinly slice the apple in with the ham and cheese before baking it. It would probably work okay, but then the crispiness of the apple would be missing.

In the future I might make this recipe into an appetizer by creating a smaller roll, slicing it thin, and then serving with a slice of apple on top. Mmmmmm.

Comments